Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Bench Scientist with a pharmaceutical company located in King of Prussia, PA.
- Executes activities for the manufacture of clinical supply of investigational biopharmaceutical molecules
- Performs hands-on processing of large scale cell culture or microbial fermentation steps under cGMP regulatory conditions. Processing steps include: Small scale/scale-up from vial thaw, end of production, media preparation, operation of stainless steel and single use bioreactors, harvest operations, CIP, SIP, washer and autoclave operation
- In addition to manufacturing responsibilities, may be work on projects and assignments where independent action and a high degree of initiative are required
- Completes activities requiring independent thought that have the potential to comprise 50-100% of the employee's time depending on production campaigns
- Recognizes potential safety and compliance problems and takes action to rectify or escalate
- Identifies problems during the execution of processing and/or support activities; proactively communicates to the appropriate decision makers
- Executes production of clinical supplies based on established procedures and protocols and adheres to cGMPs documentation practices for load documentation (washer and autoclave), Media Form execution, and/or Batch Record execution
- Identifies process improvement opportunities with impact on safety and compliance
- Documents work performed via the use of laboratory notebooks, logs, media forms, batch records, and electronic systems in accordance with company policy and legal requirements
- Strives for Right First Time in the manufacture of investigational material through attention, focus, planning, and adherence to procedural and regulatory expectations
- Attends to regular safety and cGMP training: maintains accurate and complete safety and role-specific training records, consistent with company policy and legal requirements
- Drives processing preparedness and facility upkeep
- Provides training and guidance to less experienced manufacturing associates
- Must be available to work off-shift hours: early mornings, late evenings/nights, and weekends if necessary
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, or other engineering or scientific fields
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) regulations
- Ability to learn and apply new experimental/ processing techniques
- Competent in proper handling, recording and analyzing scientific experimental data
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills, and communicates well both verbally and through written communications. Maintains a professional and productive relationship with area management and co-workers
- Ability to work as self-starter and handle multiple priorities in a dynamic cross-functional team based environment
- Operational knowledge of routine upstream manufacturing equipment.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sarah Beshara at 267-477-3355.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.