Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Associate Scientist with a leading pharmaceutical company located in Santa Monica, CA. As the Associate Scientist, you will contribute to the development, scale up and technology transfer of the viral vector production with focus on viral vector cell line and cell culture development.
- Active member of the viral vector upstream team would design, plan and execute laboratory studies in order to support process development, characterization or process improvements.
- Perform hands on work in an adherent cell stack factories or suspension culture, cell culture expansion, viral vector production as well as process scale up and implementation into GMP clinical production suites.
- Write and review technical documentation.
- Participate and influence a cross-functional development team to advance production activities.
- Develop manufacturing processes for viral vector products and develop process improvements and efficiencies.
- Perform process analysis and trend process performance.
- Design and execute process development studies to develop a thorough understanding of operating and performance parameters.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS or MS degree in a related scientific discipline with 5+ years of experience, and experience with maintaining/developing vector cell lines, FACS or flow cytometry, aseptic techniques, and strong understanding of GMP manufacturing.
- Previous experience with Viral vector production in both adherent and suspension cell culture systems, transient transfection and/or stable cell lines is desired.
- A previous track record of culture process development experience such as cell passaging, formulation of media, aseptic technique processing, and managing reagents.
- Practical demonstration of hands on process development including use of statistical design of experiments is required.
- Knowledge of suspension or adherent cell culture formats, scale-up and engineering principles (e.g. growth rates, specific consumption/production rates, bioreactor aspect ratios, power calculations, gas transfer, shear stress).
- Hands on expertise in cell line engineering, attribute selection and cell sorting (FACS) is required with experience in isolating high productivity cell lines.
- Demonstrated excellence in viral vector or cell culture process development, process technology transfer, scale translation, and statistical DOE (design of experiments).
- Understanding of GMP manufacturing.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Catherine Nguyen at (+1) 215-531-5643 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.