Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Associate Scientist with a biopharmaceutical company located in North Chicago, IL.
- Develop in vitro assays, screening strategies, mechanistic studies, deliver high quality data from validated screens to drive lead series identification and lead optimization
- Develop proficiency with multiple assay formats, optimizing assay efficiency and reliability while minimizing cost
- Maintain cutting-edge awareness of technical developments and scientific knowledge and proactively applying these when appropriate
- Effectively communicate results in presentations and written reports and actively participate in cross-functional teams
Skills and Requirements:
- Master's Degree or bachelor's degree in biology, biochemistry, pharmacology or related field with 2+ years of prior experience in a drug discovery laboratory setting working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong scientific foundation in the understanding and implementation of a wide range of biochemical and cell-based assays and readouts
- Able to think critically and creatively across multiple disciplines. Demonstrated ability to solve research problems with experience in standard in vitro assays including assay development, optimization, and troubleshooting
- Able to analyze and critically interpret and report data and research conclusions
- Ability to multi-task and successfully interact with a diverse team of scientists to deliver results meeting the needs of various stakeholder groups
- Familiarity with assay technologies, automation, and high throughput screening approaches highly desired.
- Computational skills enabling automated data acquisition and analysis, and familiarity with related software applications, example Spotfire.
- Familiarity in the use of automation and HTS instrumentation.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Zachary Hines at 215-531-6914.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.