Proclinical is working with a dynamic drug discovery team to develop cutting-edge CAR-T therapeutics for the treatment of hematologic malignancies and solid tumors. Our client is in search for an Associate Scientist in their New York, NY location to work in an exciting/stimulating environment across the different stages of preclinical drug discovery (from target ID to FDA/IND filing) on projects related to tumor immunology. The candidate will be strongly motivated and dedicated, will show initiative and work independently.
- Mammalian tissue culture of cell lines and primary human cells and blood products (BSL2 and BSL2+).
- Processing and dissociating mouse blood and tumors from in vivo studies for analysis by flow cytometry.
- Perform molecular biology techniques such as: transfections, transductions, western blotting, immunoprecipitation, siRNA/shRNA, qRT-PCR, flow cytometry and ELISA (ie. MSD).
- Immune functional assays using CAR-T, cytokine release assays, T cell biology, immune cell purification and characterization, tumor dissociation.
- Run multiple experiments/projects simultaneously.
- Maintain accurate laboratory notebooks and prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, etc, and maintain familiarity with relevant scientific literature.
- Design, perform, interpret, troubleshoot, and report complex data to managers in a clear and concise manner.
Skills and Requirements:
- A M.S. with 2-4 years of experience or a B.S. with 4-9 years of experience in Biology, Molecular Biology, Immunology, Cancer Biology or related areas in Life Sciences with related laboratory experience is required.
- Aseptic mammalian tissue culture of cell lines and primary human cells (ie. whole blood, PBMCs, and T cells).
- Multi-color flow cytometry analysis and interpretation.
- Data analysis using common software programs (ie. Excel, GraphPad Prism, and FlowJo).
- Related Experience: drug discovery experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical environment.
- Previous work with antibody therapies, bispecific antibodies, and cellular therapies (ie. CAR-T).
- Functional assays to test drug candidates (ie. cytotoxicity, proliferation, apoptosis).
- Immunology and/or oncology experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people, internally and externally.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to effectively present scientific data and concepts to international standards.
- Prior experience with isolation, phenotypical and functional characterization of human tumor-infiltrating leukocytes is advantageous.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sofia Amark at (+1) 646-367-2764 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.