Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Vector Characterization Associate Scientist with a biotechnology company located in Cambridge, MA.
- Searching for a committed, enthusiastic and dependable associate scientist to contribute to the generation of gene therapy clinical candidates for neurological and neuromuscular diseases.
- The incumbent will be part of a cross-functional team focused on designing, cloning and characterization of novel Adeno-associated Viral (AAV) vectors for human therapeutics development.
- He/She should have extensive experience in molecular biology, mouse necropsy techniques.
- The incumbent is expected to plan and execute standard cloning, RNA/DNA bioanalysis from tissue and cell samples, and NGS sample preparation with scientific rigor.
- He/she should be able to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of pertinent literature and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills to efficiently present results to project team members.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Biochemistry, Biology, Chemical/Bioengineering or other related scientific discipline with 1-5 years of industry or academic experiences.
- Recent working experience in molecular biology, such as molecular cloning, DNA and RNA isolation from tissues and cells, qPCR, reverse transcription, etc.
- Highly skilled in mouse necropsy.
- Ability to execute and analyze in vitro and in vivo experiments with strong scientific rigor and attention to details
- Proficient in data analysis and presentation software such as Excel, Graphpad, and PowerPoint
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Janelle Jones at 267-297-3257.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.