Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Associate Scientist with a biotechnology company located in Cambridge, MA.
- Perform vitro and in vivo screening and characterization of novel engineered AAV capsids and supporting the development of innovative nucleic acid detection assays.
- Nucleic acid extraction from tissue and cell line samples.
- Perform quantitative analysis of RNA and DNA samples
- Design and generate novel constructs by molecular cloning
- Participate in data analysis efforts and accurate application of statistical analysis
- Help organize and maintain lab supplies
- Maintain updated and organized electronic laboratory notebooks, present data to the team, and write study reports
Skills and Requirements:
- A strong background in molecular biology, including molecular cloning, DNA and RNA isolation from tissues and cells, qPCR, reverse transcription, western blotting, etc.
- Ability to execute and analyze in vitro and in vivo experiments with strong scientific rigor and attention to details
- Proficient in data analysis and presentation software such as Excel, Graphpad, and PowerPoint
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Expertise in Illumina-based NGS sample preparation and sequencer operation.
- Skilled in mammalian cell culture and gene transfer techniques, such as transfection and transduction.
- Experience in viral production including AAV and lentivirus preparation
- Expertise in affinity-based nucleic acid recovery
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Nikki Ranieri at 215-531-5288.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.