Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Associate Scientist with a biotechnology company located in Cambridge, MA.
- Add scientific expertise to the discovery and non-clinical development of small molecule therapeutics by carrying out critical path in vitro ADME assays with a primary focus on drug transporters.
- Responsible for conducting, optimizing, and trouble-shooting ADME screening assays to evaluate new chemical entities across the discovery project portfolio.
- Directly impact the direction of active therapeutic projects.
- Maintain cell cultures for mammalian cell-based assays.
- Conduct high throughput ADME screening assays using Tecan and Hamilton automated liquid handlers and state-of-the-art HT LC/MS analytical systems.
- Plan, conduct, analyze, interpret, and document (in electronic notebook) ADME studies and communicate ADME screening study results.
- Evaluate emerging in vitro and in silico tools to support PK understanding and the potential for drug interactions (DDIs) in discovery projects.
- Contribute to the implementation of new assays/techniques based on portfolio needs, improved processes and new technology evaluation and routine troubleshooting.
- May allow additional opportunities such as CRO interactions, contribute to write scientific reports, author scientific papers and present at scientific meetings where appropriate.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree and 0-3 years of scientific experience.
- Accomplished in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Effective oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Preferred Qualifications include a Bachelor's degree with 1+ years of experience in the field, experience in cell culture handling and transporter assays, experience with TECAN and Hamilton automation, mass-spectrometry based analysis, critical and proactive thinking and experience in drug discovery and/or development; expertise with implementing, optimizing and troubleshooting in vitro transporter assays; and demonstrated ability to communicate with team members across broad disciplines
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Zachary Hines at 215-531-6914.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.