Associate Scientist, Gene Editing
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Associate Scientist of Gene Editing for a global biotechnology company located in Cambridge, MA. As the Associate Scientist, you will work closely with the departments of T Cell Immunology, Bioinformatics, Cancer Immunology and Molecular Immunology to develop and assess the efficacy of this approach.
- Culturing of primary human T cells and cancer cell lines
- Genetic manipulation of immune cell cultures
- Planning and conducting CRISPR/Cas9 screens in vitro
- Designing and executing cell-based functional assays supporting genetic screens and follow up validation studies
- Performing molecular biology techniques, including PCR
- Assessment of specificity and functionality of human T cells by multicolor flow cytometry
- Tracking and compiling results in an electronic notebook
- Assisting with the training of lab personnel
- Interactions with internal collaborators or external CMOs
- Analyzing and interpreting data, and presenting results to other scientific teams and stakeholders
Skills and Requirements:
- MS in Immunology or related field with 2-5 years of work experience in immunotherapy or cell therapy.
- Knowledge and experience with genetic manipulation of primary cells and cell cultures including CRISPR/Cas9 gene-editing tools
- A strong interest in T cell biology and cancer immunotherapy
- Primary immune cell culture experience
- Demonstrated experience with flow cytometry and other immune related assays is required
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a collaborative environment to meet project goals
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Enjoys solving challenging scientific questions in a fast pace environment
- Independent, flexible, self-motivated, and the ability to work well with others
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Max Robinson at (+1) 617-903-7746 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.