Associate Laboratory Director
As a society we should all aim to do our part in helping get an effective vaccine for COVID 19. This organisation is building an incremental testing capacity and are looking for an Associate Laboratory Director to join the team. If you are interested in making an impactful difference, this might be the role for you. Please note this position requires you to work an evening shift Tuesday to Sunday.
- Provide day-to-day onsite supervision of testing personnel, providing guidance, direction and reporting of test results in accredited, high performance laboratory, reporting to Laboratory Director
- Assume primary responsibility for the proper performance of all laboratory procedures in the absence of the Lab Director
- Consistently exercise discretion and independent judgment in providing supervision of test performance by qualified lab personnel
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in overseeing the operations of the laboratory, including technical and scientific operation of the laboratory, testing accuracy and methodology, laboratory conditions, and personnel
- Work cooperatively in a team environment supporting senior laboratory and management staff
- Ensure operational compliance with the clinical laboratory's Quality Management Systems Program and delivery of routine QMS associated metrics, as well as maintenance and supervisory of the proficiency testing (PT) program
- Monitor key financial, quality, and efficiency indicators and recognizes opportunities for improvement
Skills and Requirements
· PhD in biomedical sciences subject or fellowship of the Institute of Biomedical Sciences
· Experience as a senior manager of laboratory facilities, operating at CL2 or above
· Experience directing or supervising high performance microbiology or virology testing in a laboratory
· Recognized management qualifications and /or attendance at courses on relevant management issues
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.