Associate Director, Translational Medicine
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Associate Director of Translational Medicine with a leading biotechnology company located in San Diego, CA. As the Associate Director, you will support key activities associated with translational biology and development of therapeutic antibody programs towards the clinic.
- Designs and executes translational biology studies supporting preclinical and clinical development of inflammation and immuno-oncology programs.
- Develops guidelines for selection, validation, and prioritization of translational biomarkers, ensuring alignment with product development strategies.
- Works closely with external research collaborators and contractors for preclinical and clinical translational efforts.
- Explores biomarker identification/validation and interface with the discovery and development teams throughout the development process.
- Represents development projects at management meetings as well to external stakeholders.
- Works with Project Management to develop timelines and budgets, and ensure that tasks are completed appropriately - establishing and monitoring measurable research milestones.
- Participates in new target identification, including translational biology assessment of emerging biology within therapeutic areas of strategic interest. Establishes and maintains a network of external experts for molecular and biological target identification and validation
- Fully participates in the planning and preparation of documentation sections required for regulatory filings (e.g. INDs).
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in the Biological Sciences, with extensive experience in Life Sciences - 10+ years of relevant, direct experience in preclinical clinical development up to Phase 2 clinical studies; or MD with 3-5 years' experience in early clinical development with proven 'translational' expertise (clinician scientist PhD preferred).
- Proven scientific background with preference in the area of inflammation and immunology
- Proven track record in the translational development of drug candidates to include drug treatment approaches, agents in development and the business landscape.
- Ability to effectively design, execute, and troubleshoot experimental protocols to develop new methodologies.
- Current working scientific knowledge of cellular and molecular immunology with a basic understanding of antibodies
- Extensive knowledge of mammalian cell culture, including standard cell biology techniques and, working knowledge of cellular signaling and ELISA assays
- Current knowledge of the design and implementation of multi-color flow cytometry-based screening experiments
- Familiarity with preclinical models of inflammation and autoimmune disease
- Familiarity with database searches
- Experience in developing fit-for purpose biomarker/bioanalytical assays
- Experience in development of quantitative analytical bioassays from complex matrices
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Max Robinson at (+1) 617-903-7746 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.