Associate Director - Protein Sciences
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Associate Director of Protein Sciences for a leading biotechnology company located in Emeryville, CA. As the Associate Director of Protein Sciences, you will be an individual contributor and will lead a small team of scientists.
- Responsible for the discovery and characterization of novel antibody therapeutics.
- Work closely with the Antibody Expression and Purification team and will report into the Senior Director of Protein Sciences.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Structural Biology, or related discipline with 10+ years post-PhD experience, including industry experience
- Strong background in molecular biology, with extensive experience in display systems and protein engineering
- Demonstrated experience in discovery and optimization of biologics, including bi- and multi-specific antibodies
- Experience with optical biosensor methods, such as BLI (i.e., Octet) and SPR (i.e., Biacore) is desired
- Experience managing and developing teams
- Self-motivated individual with good record keeping and good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, small start-up company environment.
- Self-disciplined and able to function independently as well as part of a team
- Strategic agility, strong critical and logical thinking with ability to analyze problems
- Strong ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work in an evolving environment
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sofia Amark at (+1) 646-367-2764 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.