Associate Director Market Access EMEA
A leading medical technology and devices company is currently recruiting for an Associate Director Market Access EMEA position. This is an exciting opportunity to bring expertise and skills to an established, innovative and in-demand company.
- Develop strategic path to reimbursement and execute on associated tactics to enable reimbursement for on-market products and new product development initiatives in assigned countries.
- Development of comprehensive strategic business plan and tactical action plans to address the evolving reimbursement related issues impacting the healthcare environment.
- Evaluation of threats and opportunities arising out of legislation, regulations, Health Technology Assessments from Governments, Health Authorities, public and private payers. Determine their implications and communicate to relevant internal stakeholders.
- Lead the roll out of global tools in country to enable reimbursement for key product lines by public and private payers, with the intent to support Commercial teams on key accounts to grow business.
- For major launches, champion local evidence generation and peer-reviewed publication strategy in collaboration with Market Development, Clinical Affairs / Medical Affairs and Regulatory Affairs; translate clinical strategy into downstream commercialisation efforts. Contribute to product strategy by aligning reimbursement studies incl. primary and secondary research.
- Main point of contact to local Payers; work with commercial teams, Market Development, Clinical Affairs to gather feedback from key opinion leaders / payers and understand reimbursement pathways.
- Cross-functional alignment with other functional areas (Health Economic Outcomes Research, Commercial, Regulatory, Government Affairs) to ensure proper value communication with local payers through the different channels available.
- Shape and manage the external environment and the impact of payer/health policy by mapping the decision-making process, identifying the influence tree and influencing both the external and internal stakeholders to deal with them.
- Build and own strong relationships with key external payers and their influencers in the assigned countries within the European Region.
- Ensure full representation and participation of Market Access function in country commercial team meetings.
Skills and Requirements:
- MD, BSc, Ph.D., PharmD, MS, MPH, or MBA with extensive Market Access / Payer experience in pre-launch and marketed products. Experience in diagnostics / Medical Technology Market Access is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with pricing, reimbursement, and Health Technology Assessments in a relevant local European market with success getting products reimbursed.
- Deep understanding of payer decision-making processes and evidence needed to get positive HTA or reimbursement decision in at least one country of the European region.
- Established professional relationships with key payers and HTA agencies.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in diagnostics / Health Technology product commercialisation across therapeutic areas or multiple indications is desirable.
- Strong project management skills with oversight experience in both internal and external projects are necessary.
- Demonstrated multitasking and time management skills are absolutely essential in this area.
- Strong and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability in participating and leading cross-functional teams, excellent skills in leading without authority, and negotiating and managing through influence.
- Executive level communication skills.
- Ability to Influence and impact without direct authority.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Strong communication skills, including collaboration, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, strategic thinking, manages complexity, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sofia Amark at +44203 86 18210 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.