A global biotechnology company is advertising a vacancy for an Associate Director, to be based in their UK office. The institution is known for their work discovering, developing, and delivering innovative therapies for patients with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases across the globe. This position is an excellent opportunity to work with an organisation that has cultivated a strong presence in the biotechnological industry and prides itself on its world-class manufacturing facilities.
- Providing medical input into regional/global medical strategy, leveraging local customer insights.
- Gathering the understanding of the medical and scientific needs required for the adoption and the maintenance of the new Biosimilar products in the UK/IE/NL.
- Leading the development of the affiliate medical plan; partnering with the other 2M (marketing and market access) partners in the affiliate.
- Providing strategic direction and managing biosimilar patient support programmes.
- Managing teams across functions to define, establish, and execute a coherent local business plan that addresses patient needs.
- Developing and executing phase IVs, registries, etc. (master real-life medicine) in accordance with the local regulations and the global data generation strategies.
- Developing and managing budgets for medical activities and providing input into the affiliate budgeting and planning process.
- Facilitating the sharing of best practices and knowledge across countries.
- Overseeing the promotional material review (PCR).
- Collaborating with the business leads and other functional heads within UK/IE/NL and the global Biosimilar Unit HQ based in Switzerland to align on strategic priorities.
- Partnering and collaborating with market access to show the medical value of approved products relevant to local external stakeholders (payers, HCPs, and agencies).
- Supporting regulatory strategies for registration of new products by providing local expertise.
- Coordinating medical review of country-specific promotional materials to ensure scientific accuracy when needed and clearly express rationale for any objection and sign-off before release
- Identifying top external experts and developing strong peer-to-peer scientific partnerships with them, leading external expert coordination strategies within local/regional/global medical teams.
- Interacting and managing relationships with the key medical experts (KMEs), ensuring the flawless scientific interactions.
- Providing medical perspective and knowledge to other teams within the BU.
- Ensuring sound medical judgments.
- Ensuring adequate medical training is developed and provided to the affiliate staff.
- Encouraging medical team to identify lifecycle extension opportunities for product based on patient needs.
- Leveraging and capitalising on team/individual strengths.
- Delivering training, skill development, and assessing MA team members.
- Developing specific and actionable development plans for MA team members.
- Creating a climate in which self-motivated individuals will aspire to higher levels of performance by creating high standards and by rewarding and recognising exceptional performance.
- Planning compensation and salary adjustments (merit, promotions, LTI, and pay adjustments).
- Ensuring the exchange of medical information with other functions as appropriate for medical affairs and acting as a role model.
- Ensuring compliance with external laws and internal regulations, regarding the appropriate conduct of Affiliate Medical Affairs activities.
- Supervising and continuously enhancing all Affiliate Medical Affairs business procedures.
- Aligning (global/regional/local and cross-functional) affiliate medical strategies for all products.
- Identifying the means to motivate and develop employees; planning and managing the Medical Affairs team's personal careers.
- Providing Medical Affairs perspective in the affiliate management team.
Skills and Requirements:
- 10+ years of experience (in larger affiliates, 6+ years) within a medical affairs role in the pharmaceutical industry (prior experience in immunology/rheumatology/ gastroenterology preferred; experience in dermatology and/or ophthalmology is a plus.
- Medical signatory and certification would be desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge and understanding of disease area, local healthcare system/market dynamics, regulations, policies and SOPs, health economic techniques, and trends.
- Considerable experience in interaction with health authorities.
- Demonstrable strategic approach to the implementation of scientific communication programs on disease areas and treatments.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Divya Mistry at +44 20 3814 1315 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical Staffing is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
Up to £0.00 per annum
A job vacancy for a Global Program Clinical Head Neuroscience Early Pipeline has arisen at a leading global pharmaceutical company specialising in development of biological therapies.
An excellent multinational healthcare company is seeking a skilled Global Medical Director - Oncology, to be based in their office in the desirable area of Basel.
€0.00 - €150000.00 per annum
An exciting vacancy for a Medical Director Clinical Development Neurology has arisen with an international pharmaceutical research organisation.