Associate Director, Gene Therapy Project Management
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Associate Director of Gene Therapy Project Management for a global pharmaceutical company located in Boston, MA. As the Associate Director, you will be expected to provide project management leadership with sufficient influence and take on challenging assignments with minimal guidance.
- Independently managing preclinical mRNA projects.
- Guiding teams through creation, management approval, execution, and termination/closeout of integrated project plans appropriate to business need.
- Contributing, synthesizing, and articulating program strategy to senior management and translating it into execution within the project team.
- Collaborating effectively with functional areas, support functions, and alliance partner functions (if applicable) to drive project delivery.
- Ensuring communications within and from the team are clear and effective, meetings have clear purpose and objectives, and that conflict is surfaced and resolved.
- Leveraging relationships and networks to improve and enhance team dynamics. Proactively identifying and removing obstacles to drive business results.
- Ensuring adherence to project management standards, enabling sound decision making. Includes ensuring project schedules and risk management plans are fully developed and updated, governance contracts are adhered to, change control procedures are followed, enterprise databases reflect accurate project data, and data quality is maintained.
- Partnering with Finance to ensure resources/budgets are planned and managed.
- Communicating project status/issues and documents/presentations for senior management.
- Other responsibilities assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific or applied discipline required, Advanced degree (e.g., MS, PhD) preferred
- Minimum of five years of experience in project management or a related role in pharmaceutical/biotechnology industries.
- Experience in preclinical research preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and ethics; demonstrated ability to hold others accountable for delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team setting, including demonstrated ability in building and managing teams, committees, taskforces etc.
- Strong collaboration and problem-solving skills; able to establish good working relationships with employees at all levels, resolve conflict and provide feedback, and to devise and implement creative solutions to problems.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written in English; Mandarin speaking is a plus.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Max Robinson at (+1) 617-903-7746 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.