Associate Director/Director, Neuroscience Gene Therapy
Proclinical is seeking an Associate Director/Director of Neuroscience Gene Therapy for our client located in Boston, MA. We are a seeking an Associate Director to lead and guide research efforts in the development of novel gene therapies.
- Lead and guide research efforts being performed with our academic collaborators, at CROs and in our own labs for multiple neurodevelopmental disorder targets, including leading one or more novel therapeutic programs
- Lead the development of therapeutic technologies and platforms, cell models of disease necessary for screening and validation, omics methods and technologies, and animal models.
- As programs progress, additional support for biodistribution, biomarker and target engagement and safety studies will be required.
- Regularly present data (in oral and/or written form) to the internal and external research communities
- Lead the collaborative efforts across all internal and external functions
- Will lead and directly participate in team recruitment activities to build a team of high caliber scientists and research associates
Skills and Requirements:
- Ph.D. in neuroscience, biology, physics, engineering, or related academic or biomedical discipline; or equivalent combination of degree and experience
- 5 or more years of post-PhD working experience in academia or industry in neuroscience, including neurodevelopment research
- Experience and technical knowledge of gene therapy approaches, preclinical cell and animal models with strong publication record
- Experience managing scientific teams
- Proven strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to drive IND-enabling preclinical studies
- Able to work independently as well as in a collaborative high paced environment
- Experience working with outside collaborators to achieve defined objectives
- Ability to meet aggressive timelines and deliverables
- Support multiple cross-functional activities, including regulatory, business development, legal and finance
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Phil Sawyer at (+1) 347-901-4526 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.