Associate Director/Director, Epidemiology
An exciting hybrid role has become available for The Associate Director/ Director of Epidemiology, combining both scientific and strategic experience to design and executive effective epidemiology strategy for drug projects.
The Associate Director/ Director, will work independently in the design, execution, analysis, interpretation, and internal and external communication of specifi|c epidemiological studies. This role requires taking a leadership role in a range of activities, including delivery of experienced epidemiology strategy, support, and scientific leadership to project teams and the epidemiology global skills group, at all stages of pharmaceutical development.
The post holder will manage externally commissioned research projects, which includes establishing, maintaining, and expanding relationships to partner effectively with external experts and research groups to negotiate time frames, provide recommendations on resource requirements, and ensure delivery of the tasks as agreed.
The Associate Director/Director, Epidemiology will promote good epidemiological practice and represents the company's position when interacting with external experts, collaborative groups, and contract research organizations; and will keep abreast of epidemiological developments within academia, regulatory, and among key opinion leaders.
Skills and Requirements
- Ph.D. or equivalent in epidemiology or related health science field and experience in the health care environment. Alternatively, an MSc or MPH with substantial experience in the health care environment or equivalent.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry or in closely related academic epidemiological research
- Experience managing complex medical evidence plans
- Sustained productivity in epidemiological research as manifest by successful design, execution, and publication of original epidemiological research relevant to drug discovery and development
- Experience in utilising secondary data and conducting primary data collection studies
- Emerging recognition by the external scientific communities as an expert in the application of epidemiology to areas relevant to drug development and commercialisation
- Able to provide critical appraisal to study designs and published studies
- Excellent knowledge in epidemiological methodology and ability to apply it within the pharmaceutical industry at an international level
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.