Associate Director, Antibody Discovery
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Associate Director of Antibody Discovery with a leading biotechnology company located in San Diego, CA. As the Associate Director, you will support key activities for the discovery and leadership of novel antibody programs, including managing the application of essential biology assays and the application our platform to generate new assets to sustain the company's inflammation and immuno-oncology drug portfolio.
- Evaluates, resources and leads early discovery projects, including novel identification of targets, feasibility assessments, immunizations, designing of assays to identify lead antibody candidates, application of proprietary technology for affinity maturation, and identification of drug candidate monoclonal antibodies, in conjunction with other departments within the company.
- Works closely with external research collaborators and contractors for preclinical and clinical discovery efforts.
- Represents discovery projects at management meetings as well to external stakeholders.
- Collaborates with Project Management to develop timelines and budgets, and ensure that tasks are completed appropriately - establishing and monitoring measurable research milestones.
- Fully participates in the planning and preparation of documentation sections required for regulatory filings (e.g. INDs).
- Hires, leads, and develops Discovery Biology staff, including the supervision of numerous Ph.D level scientists.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in the Biological Sciences, with extensive experience in Life Sciences - at least 10+ years of relevant, direct experience in preclinical clinical development up to Phase 1 clinical studies.
- Proven scientific background with preference in the area of inflammation and immunology.
- Proven track record in preclinical drug discovery project leadership that includes contributions to projects that have reached early clinical development.
- Ability to effectively design, execute, and troubleshoot experimental protocols to develop new methodologies.
- Current working scientific knowledge of cellular and molecular immunology with an expert understanding of antibodies.
- Extensive knowledge of mammalian cell culture, including standard cell biology techniques and, working knowledge of cellular signaling and ELISA assays.
- Current knowledge of the design and implementation of multi-color flow cytometry-based screening experiments.
- Familiarity with preclinical models of inflammation, autoimmune disease and immune oncology.
- Familiarity with database searches.
- Experience in developing fit-for purpose biomarker/bioanalytical assays.
- Experience in development of quantitative analytical bioassays to select lead antibody candidates.
- Ability to identify and implement (where and when appropriate) new technologies for the advancement of quantitative biomarker analytics.
- Must be able to manage assay development and analysis queues and timelines.
- Knowledge of drug discovery process and pharmacology is highly desirable.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Max Robinson at (+1) 617-903-7746 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.