Area Medical Head
Proclinical are recruiting for an Area Medical Head to join a pharmaceutical organisation. This role is on a permanent basis.
- Monitor all aspects of medical governance for the country and offer senior medical guidance and governance direction to the therapeutic area heads and their teams.
- Lead the medical operations team which involves signatories, medical information, transparency, etc.
- Provide leadership assistance to leverage regional and/or international medical initiatives to meet local business requirements while maintaining an enterprise view.
- Offer advice for clinical development and operations subjects across the portfolio and pro-active oversight and engagement on clinical setting dynamics as pertinent for the business.
- Serve as a crucial contact for regulatory agency on specific linked subjects such as inspections, specific requests, communication, etc., as well as pro-active engagement on behalf of the company's various shareholders.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Educated to an advanced degree level with an ABPI medical signatory.
- Demonstrable experience in medical governance within a pharmaceutical organisation.
- Familiarity with medical affairs in pharmaceutical organisation, ideally across multiple therapeutic areas or similar.
- A background in initiating and guiding cross-business/cross-functional planning, cooperating and solution forming.
- Exhibited experience in governance actions and their pragmatic execution.
- Acquaintance in guiding teams and collaborating with cross-functional and matrix teams with evidence of success in co-producing and executing novel governance programs and focused solutions on an external basis.
- Works well with others.
- Familiarity with external scientific/clinical experts, professional and regulatory bodies, pharma associations, etc.
- Capable of proactively engaging with both internal and external leaders as well as serve as a medical expert.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Ed White at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.