AD of Clinical Outsourcing
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Associate Director of Clinical Outsourcing with a biopharmaceutical company located in San Francisco, CA. Successful candidate will be responsible for outsourcing and contracting services provided throughout Research and Development.
- Provide direction, oversight and expertise to the organization in order to bring operational excellence to the business planning and financial management of clinical trials; and to the identification, selection and management of global external service providers.
- Oversee and maintain the relationship with contract research organizations and other third-party service providers.
- Evaluate and analyze tools and processes to support outsourcing efforts.
- Manage financial contracting and invoicing process within Clinical Operations and Development functions.
- Ensure vendor contracts are created for each clinical program in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Monitor and collaborate with Clinical Operations managers to control actual expenditures vs. budget for all major clinical contracts.
- Provide support to Clinical Program management ensuring programs/projects activities are completed within budget constraints.
- Enable and facilitate cross-functional information exchange to ensure outside suppliers provide value and expected deliverables in each proposal.
- Develop business systems, processes and procedures that ensure appropriate processes are in place for contract and management of invoicing and payments.
- Ensure all contracts with outside parties align with program deliverables as approved by senior management and are consistent with approved budgets and forecasts for each respective program. This position contributes to and supports the company's research and development efforts to create high value therapeutics to address unmet medical needs.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in clinical, biological or mathematical sciences or related field, or nursing qualification. A master's degree is preferred. Equivalent experience may be accepted.
- 10+ years' Pharmaceutical development experience with at least 4 years managing CROs is required. 8+ years previous management experience is preferred.
- Must have demonstrated problem solving abilities and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. Experience and understanding of ICH, and GCP is required.
- Must be a demonstrated self-starter and team player with strong interpersonal skills. Must possess excellent project management skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Data Management processes and systems. Solid understanding of clinical drug development processes is preferred.
- Ability to develop data management processes and training is preferred. Previous people management experience is preferred. Must have effective problem-solving skills.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Paige Sanderson at (+1) 646-367-2618 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.