Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Accounting Associate with a biotechnology company located in Foster City, CA. A successful candidate will support financial management activities for clinical trial and other clinical operation contracts within research and development.
- Clinical Trial and Operations invoice coordination: Invoice review, expense account coding, and review routing
- Requires strong attention to detail, a high level of organization, and experience and aptitude to understand and utilize accounting systems
- Development and management of excel spreadsheets and tracking tools
- Review invoices for adherence to contract terms, budget and trend
- Contact for Financial Planning & Analysis Group (FP&A) as well as Purchasing and Accounts Payable (AP)
- Solicit Monthly Confirmations from key Vendors, providing review and analysis as needed
- Interact with key external vendors on invoice issue resolution
- Provide research and reconciliation support to respond to vendor aging reports and vendor billing discrepancies
- Has frequent contact with external customers in regard to payment issues
- Support Quarterly Variance Analysis process for vendor contracts
- Management of accrual process for assigned projects with oversight from more senior staff members
- Ability to review and understand contract structures and payment schedules
- Demonstrate excellence in managing multiple projects
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively interact cross- functionally
- Maintain budget summary data, updates with budget v actual, expended to date, etc.
- Gain knowledge of clinical studies within functional areas -changes, extensions, additions, etc. to understand cost fluctuations
- Review, process and track Purchase Orders
- Complete responsibilities in a timely, organized way
- Identifies issues/problems and provides customary recommendations for solutions
- May focus on either contracts, or finance or both areas based on business need
- Coordinate and ensures that monthly payment processes are completed accurately and on time.
- Review of vendor invoices and contract reconciliations for assigned projects
- Demonstrate excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Performs routine work without detailed instructions
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of complex budgeting & forecasting database tools
Skills and Requirements:
- Business degree (highly preferred)
- AP/Financial background
- Clinical experience in similar role
- Solid work history
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Nadine Rucci at 215-531-5281 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.