The River of Life’s medical ministry delivers key healthcare and medical treatments in the Masaka area of Uganda.
It is run by Dr Sarah Crow, a medical doctor who gave up her career in the UK to help children and pregnant women in Uganda obtain vital medical treatments and health care that they desperately need, with the primary aim of preventing the spread of HIV amongst orphans. Successful fundraising has enabled The River of Life to set up an ante-natal clinic for babies and expectant mothers, saving many lives.
ProClinical has supported The River of Life since 2012 and we are proud to say that our donations have contributed towards:
- Shipping vital medicines and medical equipment to Uganda
- Purchasing of a small car so that Dr Crow can safely travel to places of need, such as the villages around Masaka and Sango Bay refugee camp, where more than 5000 people live in tents – miles away from any medical centre
- A Neonatal doll used to train nurses in how to resuscitate or treat babies with various medical conditions
- Buying and shipping of thousands of blood glucose diagnostic sticks, which are used to measure blood sugar concentrations in new-born babies, enabling corrective treatment that can prevent permanent brain damage
- Provision of formula to mothers who have no breast-milk
- Buying of supplies for health checks and games in schools
- Running & repair costs of essential baby units, supporting mothers and newborns
- Salaries of several nurses
- Allowing families to purchase health insurance for their children and save money on hospital bills
- Providing matresses and bedding
- Providing new school uniforms, books and sports equipment for schools
To find out more or to make a donation, please visit The River of Life's website.