Vaccine Development Scientist II
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Vaccine Development Scientist II for a global biotechnology company located in Cambridge, MA. Successful candidate will participate in design, manage and execute testing and studies pertaining to vaccine manufacturing, formulation and/or bioanalytics for vaccine products at all stages of development.
- Participate in design, manage and execute testing and studies pertaining to vaccine manufacturing, formulation and/or bioanalytics for vaccine products at all stages of development.
- Coordinate information exchange between both in-house and 3rd party vendors for testing.
- Participate in the development of and execute assays as needed.
- Participate in the creation and review of necessary SOPs and development reports.
- Participate in the development of presentations of scientific data
- Develop, qualify, document, and transfer assays.
- Compile data and author reports summarizing experimental results for both real-time and accelerated studies.
- Draft method development reports, SOPs, and transfer protocols.
- Coordinate efforts between different internal and external teams such as Process Development, Bio-analytical, Formulation and Preclinical.
- Assume all aspects of testing including sample cataloging, submission, analysis and collection of results.
- Perform statistical analyses on compiled data as needed and author reports for distribution and/or presentation to project teams.
- Operate and perform maintenance of lab instrumentation.
- Implement and develop drafts of new methods and technologies for project advancement.
- Participate in collaborations with contract testing organizations (CTOs).
- Write and maintain accurate, complete, and timely data in laboratory notebooks.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in a scientific discipline with a minimum of 4+ years industry experience (may include post doctoral experience), or a MS with a minimum of 4 years industry experience, or a BS with a minimum of 8+ years industry experience.
- Knowledge and skills in chemistry and biochemistry (e.g. medicinal chemistry, bioanalytical chemistry, protein chemistry, protein expression).
- Training and experience in Design of Experiments and other statistical methodologies.
- Current knowledge in vaccine literature and basic science related to vaccine development.
- Strong math skills required. Working knowledge of statistical models for DOE, and familiarity with JMP is highly desirable.
- Remain well versed in regulatory requirements to assure appropriate design and execution of vaccine manufacture and toxicology studies via services of CMO and CROs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Well organized and detail oriented, able to effectively prioritize, interact cooperatively and effectively with others in a team environment, and consistently demonstrate reliability and responsibility.
- Good time and project management skills, ability to oversee several projects simultaneously.
- Comply with safety practices and standard operating procedures.
- Exhibit and promote Core Competencies.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Nikki Ranieri at (+1) 215-531-5288 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
An excellent multinational healthcare company is seeking a skilled Research Scientist to be based in their office in of Basel.