Sterile Reprocessing Support Manager
An orthopaedic and plastic surgery device distributor is partnering with ProClinical to seek applicants for a Field Service Engineer II vacancy. With a strong emphasis on surgical training and education, the company's representatives and surgeon consultants have created a network that provides practitioners easy and frequent exposure to market leading devices and techniques. This is an exciting opportunity to join the company's team in Germany.
The primary function of the Sterile Reprocessing Support Manager provides leadership by example in areas of reprocessing knowledge, training methods, and customer account problem solving through timely and effective communication. This individual will manage the day to day activities of the remotely located Sterile Reprocessing Specialists to ensure all company and departmental goals are attained. This individual will also possess and maintain the knowledge of a Sterile Reprocessing Specialist and insure the development of those in the team.
- Hire, train, develop and motivate individual Sterile Reprocessing Specialists in the EU region
- Develop and monitor metrics to manage the group for performance to provide a World Class level of Sterile Reprocessing Specialist support.
- Manage day to day business activities; which include but not limited to, customer escalation, resource dispatch, problem accounts, and establishment of priorities.
- Drive timely resolution of customer service issues and proper documentation related complaints.
- Ensure Sterile Reprocessing Specialists are appropriately trained and certified
- Monitor staffing requirements to ensure proper resources are in place to effectively support and resolve customer sterile reprocessing issues and meet established company objectives and goals.
- Support organizational sterile processing conferences.
- Respond to all customer complaints, communications or concerns regarding reprocessing of the company's reusable instruments, scopes, and accessories that couldn`t be resolved by the assigned Sterile Reprocessing Specialist. Escalate to headquarters if required.
- Influence product design and development, and validation, for reprocessing of reusable products.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of regulations, standards, and guidance in the area of reprocessing of reusable medical devices.
- Provide input and recommendations for other reprocessing issues. For example: design and testing of sterilization trays or evaluation of products intended to clean the companies instruments and accessories.
- Make recommendations for improvements in reprocessing procedures, including identification of any accessories to facilitate reprocessing of INTUITIVE instruments, endoscopes and accessories.
- Conduct training sessions at the company and training centres for reprocessing of the company's products.
- Assist in the development of teaching and training materials for both internal and external customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- Degree in Biomedical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Working experience in a highly regulated environment.
- 8 years' experience with a minimum of 3 years as a manager/supervisor in the medical device industry.
- In-depth knowledge of reprocessing related regulations for Germany, France and Switzerland.
- Biomedical training, Life Science, nursing degree, or technical equivalent.
- In-depth experience and knowledge of hospital central processing techniques and practices.
- Excellent time management and ability to remain flexible.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lead through influence, negotiate effectively, and manage customer expectations.
- Highly ethical, highly energetic character, with a desire to help customers.
- Familiarity of O.R. protocols.
- Anatomic terminology and knowledge a plus.
- Experience in managing a team remotely.
- Familiarity with performance validations in a reprocessing environment.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Katrin Hirschberger at +44 203 854 1141 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.