Sr. Event Planner
A leading US biopharmaceutical organisation with a solid commercial portfolio of life-saving drugs within a number of therapy areas have a new Senior Events Planner job opportunity at their offices in California. The company has a growing pipeline of investigational drugs and approximately 5,000 employees in offices across four continents.
- Manage and execute sales meetings and events and ad hoc meeting requests for Gilead participants.
- Partner with stakeholders on sales event planning (national meeting, mid-year meeting, launches, region meetings, executive summits, etc.) to ensure business needs are met.
- Partner with lead planner and vendors to ensure alignment across the event and multiple therapeutic areas.
- Lead logistical pre-event planning, onsite execution and post event wrap-up to include surveys, debriefs, SOP documentation, budget reconciliation.
- Execute RFPs, venue sourcing and site selection for best fit locations and evaluate vendor services and venues according to industry standards and stakeholder requirements; communicate and gain buy-in on recommendations.
- Effectively negotiate contracts for hotels, venues and vendors.
- Plan, select and manage all food and beverage for events (hotels, caterers, restaurants, etc.).
- Source and oversee vendors for all production and audio-visual elements appropriate for events.
- Develop and manage project timelines and action plans in collaboration with cross-functional partners and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Interface with internal marketing teams and external vendors to schedule projects, keep projects on track and meet deadlines with successful outcomes.
- Produce pre-event communications (including websites and onsite materials), and post-event analysis including event analytics, identify gaps and areas of opportunities, and drive recommendations for change to streamline and improve overall efficiencies.
- Registration management (invite lists, attendee management, rooming lists, name badges).
- Manage planning meetings that involve cross-functional teams.
- Budget responsibility includes creating accurate budgets, tracking costs, initiating purchase orders, invoice approval, tracking spend against budget, and accountability for accurate cross charge and accruals, as appropriate; final budget reconciliation.
- Vendor management to ensure vendor deliverables and timelines are successfully met to expectation.
- Evaluate and update or establish procedures relating to SOP maintenance around key activities for events to improve overall efficiencies, streamline execution and measure effectiveness.
- Mentor less experienced employees on event planning, logistics and project management.
- Will also have responsibility for strategic projects that impact the broader team and organization.
Skills and Requirements:
- 6-8 years of related experience and a BS or BA degree in Event Management, Hospitality & Tourism Management or equivalent - strongly preferred.
- Significant meeting and event management experience required.
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP), preferred.
- Extensive understanding and application of event planning principles, concepts, practices and industry standards.
- Demonstrate developing skills within analytical expertise, influence and initiative:
- Initiative within planning and proactivity - operates outside the scope of expectations and is pro-active in taking on additional cross-functional responsibilities to improve efficiencies within the respective conferences and meeting management.
- Demonstrable project management skills.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Allison Stevens at email@example.com or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
San Mateo, California
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Inclusion & Diversity Project Manager position with a leading pharmaceutical research company.
£0.00 - £40000.00 per annum
A global biopharmaceutical company with an impressive track record of success with developing and commercialising important therapies is currently seeking to recruit a Medical Assistant.
A leading bio-pharmaceutical company is partnering with ProClinical to recruit an RA Manager to join their office in Beijing.
Foster City, California
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a HRIS Specialist IV position with a leading pharmaceutical research company.
San Francisco, California
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Paralegal position with a leading pharmaceutical research company
Newark, New Jersey
ProClinical is partnering with a leading pharmaceutical company to announce a vacancy for a Product Liability Consulting Director position based in New Jersey.
ProClinical is working with a world leading biotechnology company that is seeking a Training Coordinator to be based in Cambridge, MA on contract basis.
Princeton, New Jersey
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Customer Care Associate position
Foster City, California
ProClinical is partnering with a leading US biopharmaceutical organisation to advertise a new Executive Assistant job opportunity.
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an Assistant Warehouse Manager position