Senior Scientist/Scientist II, Virology Research
At ProClinical, we are seeking an individual to fill the role of Senior Scientist, based in Gaithersburg, MD. Playing a pivotal role in progressing expanding drug project portfolios, the successful candidate will join a growing R&D group to play an active role in the initiation, implementation and execution of scientific research and development within the microbial sciences research group.
- Work within project teams to provide high quality data in a timely manner.
- Make detailed observations, analyze data, and interpret results.
- Effectively communicate outcomes to project team at internal meetings.
- Lead cross functional groups to develop and/or assess drug candidates to prevent or treat acute viral infection.
- Participate in strategy discussions and contribute to projects focused on the role of viruses in chronic lung disease.
- Propose and champion new targets and novel approaches for disease treatment.
- Initiate, participate in and manage external collaborations in relevant areas of biology and virology.
- Independently design, execute and interpret in vitro and in vivo studies and conduct broader scientific research with limited or no supervision.
- Represent externally at scientific meetings, advisory boards, and through high impact publications.
Skills And Qualifications
- MD/PhD in a related discipline with relevant postdoctoral experience.
- Sound scientific knowledge of virology.
- Prior research experience in respiratory biology and/or virology and the knowledge of lung biology, physiology and disease.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Andrew Shen at (+1) 6463671089 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an Operations Regulatory CMC Analyst
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Drug Safety Manager
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Regulatory Affairs Manager
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Quality Compliance Specialist III position
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Quality Assurance Specialist III position
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Brand Insights Manager vacancy
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Solution Engineer vacancy
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Senior Research Associate - Fibrosis
Foster City, California
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an Associate Scientist - Fibrosis position
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an In-Vitro Scientist in Liver Toxicity
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Clinical Quality Oversight Lead vacancy