(Senior) Scientist - Oligonucleotide Analytical Development
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Scientist to Senior Scientist of Analytical Development with a leading biotechnology company located in Cambridge, MA. As the Analytical Development Scientist, you will plan, develop, and execute experiments for the physicochemical analysis and structural characterization of oligonucleotides to support the development of a novel platform focused on exosome biotherapeutics.
- Evaluate physicochemical properties of small molecules/oligonucleotides relevant to drug development and subsequent interpretation/communication of results.
- Develop analytical methods for small molecules/oligonucleotides and characterizing product variants.
- Provide technical/experimental hands-on support to enable process development.
- Ability to design experiments to assess the stability of drug candidates in prototype clinical formulations, to detect and identify the decomposition products, as well as develop pre-clinical and clinical formulations of drug candidates to support drug discovery and development is helpful.
- Interfacing with external CROs and CMOs in support of technology transfer for analytical procedures related to release and stability testing of drug substances and drug products is helpful
- Other duties as required. The successful candidate will work under a supervision of an experienced analytical scientist.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS or equivalent degree in biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, molecular biology or similar discipline with 10-13 years of relevant laboratory research experience, MS or equivalent degree in a similar discipline with 7-10 years of relevant laboratory experience, or PhD in a similar discipline with 3-5 years of relevant laboratory experience.
- Extensive experience with oligonucleotide analysis, including ion-exchange (IEX, AEX, CEX) and ion-pairing reversed-phase (IP-RP) chromatography as well as ELISAs is required.
- This experience should include both characterization and quantitation and should cover a broad range of oligos, including ASOs, siRNA, and mRNA.
- Experience with mass spectrometry characterization of oligonucleotides is desirable.
- Experience analyzing phosphorodiamidate morpholino oligomers (PMOs) via either chromatographic or mass spectrometry methods is desirable.
- Additional experience in TGA, Chiral chromatography, Karl Fischer, and NMR is helpful.
- Prior characterization experience with lipids is desirable, especially with respect to lipid nanoparticles.
- Prior characterization of proteoglycans (as either released glycans or glycopeptides) is desirable.
- Maintain a strong awareness of current scientific literature, particularly in drug substance characterization, and actively apply new concepts as appropriate.
- Ability to work independently and a positive attitude toward collaborative work with other scientific staff internally as well as externally; self-motivated and adaptive.
- Exceptional organizational, communication, and critical thinking skills, as well as the ability to thrive in an interdependent and idea-rich environment.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Max Robinson at (+1) 929-388-1651 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.