ProClinical is seeking a Senior Scientist on behalf of a global pharmaceutical company based in Stevenage, UK. This is a contract role for 2 years.
- The role will be based in a new Advanced Manufacturing Technologies group.
- This is a highly practical role where you will be working primarily in the R&D laboratories as part of a multi disciplinary team implementing enzyme based technologies into novel chemical processes.
- You will be tasked to advance the project through proof of concept phases to deliver an evaluation of potential for industrialisation of the project enzyme classes (methyl transferases and co-factor recycling).
- This is a fixed term role (2y) to demonstrate the feasibility of industrial biocatalysis using co-factor dependent enzymes
- Develop procedures to express multiple enzymes in a single or multiple hosts using appropriate expression constructs
- Develop appropriate assays (e.g. UPLC, LC/MS) to detect reaction intermediates and products
- Characterise the techno-economic performance of the various recombinant enzymes and approaches
- Work with chemistry teams to optimize the use of enzymes in chemical routes
- Compile, analyze, interpret and communicate key data
- Communicate with international academic partners of the BioDiMet project
- Ensure compliance with all company R&D data integrity practices, ethics codes, standards and training, and safety training and practice
Education, Skills and Experience:
- PhD or equivalent in biochemistry or chemistry with relevant experience in a variety of assay methodologies.
- A strong knowledge of biochemical reactions and the application of analytical techniques to monitor these reactions is essential
- Broad experience in Synthetic Biology or Industrial Biotechnology and application to biocatalysis to produce fine/speciality/pharmaceutical chemicals
- Demonstrated hands-on and practical ability in developing and using suitable analytical methods (UPLC, Optical fluorescent/absorbance assays etc)
- Experience in biotacatalysis and use of enzymes to carry out chemical reactions; experience in optimisation of enzymatic reactions is highly desirable
- Experience of expression of recombinant enzymes in bacterial systems is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in performing and developing enzymes assays to quantify enzyme activity (microtitre plate, HPLC, LC-MS, GC-MS)
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively leverage the literature and/or internal or external experts, interpret data, recommend or execute creative options and communicate findings clearly and concisely to project team
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Zico Dervish on +44 203 319 3051 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an Operations Regulatory CMC Analyst
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Drug Safety Manager
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Regulatory Affairs Manager
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Quality Compliance Specialist III position
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Quality Assurance Specialist III position
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Brand Insights Manager vacancy
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Solution Engineer vacancy
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Senior Research Associate - Fibrosis
Foster City, California
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an Associate Scientist - Fibrosis position
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an In-Vitro Scientist in Liver Toxicity
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Clinical Quality Oversight Lead vacancy