ProClinical is advertising a Senior Scientist vacancy with a global pharmaceutical company with leading products across various therapeutic areas. This exciting organisation is seeking for a for an experienced and talented incumbent to join their team in Cambridge.
As Senior Scientist, you will join the company's Translational Pathology in the Oncology Translational Sciences group to join a world class centre for the discovery and development of innovative cancer medicines. You will have the opportunity to impact an industry-leading portfolio of programs from early clinical development of novel therapeutics through post-marketing opportunities that support approved targeted therapies.
- Delivering biomarkers for clinical studies based on the best available science and technologies.
- Generating disease linkage data to guide indication selection and targeted patient populations.
- Measuring target engagement reliably and quantifiably to inform clinical decisions for selecting therapeutically relevant doses and schedules.
- Understanding key cancer pathway interactions and feedback mechanisms in clinical samples to guide rational drug combinations.
- Defining novel mechanisms of resistant targeted therapies by studying tumours at relapse and delivering multiplex pathology assays using a variety of tissue-based methods.
Skills and Requirements:
- A Masters or PhD in a relevant subject.
- Strong experience in manual and automated immunohistochemistry with experience in assay development for new biomarkers.
- Experience of multiplex immunohistochemistry in brightfield or fluorescence and troubleshooting of immunohistochemical assays.
- Experience in molecular pathology/cancer biology and peer-reviewed publications in the field of molecular pathology/cancer biology.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry and the drug development process.
- Expertise in one or more AZ portfolio areas: hormone receptor signalling, cell death modulators, immuno-oncology, DNA damage and repair.
- Experience in conducting studies for Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
- Experience in situ hybridization and digital image analysis.
- Capable of working in a team, analysing, and working with attention to detail, process and prioritise sensitive complex information, and solving problems.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Luke Saner on +443300524502 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
San Dimas, California
ProClinical is partnering with a with a global biopharmaceutical company
ProClinical is partnering with an internationally renowned pharmaceutical company
ProClinical is working with a clinical stage Swiss biotech company seeking an experienced Manufacturing Project Leader who is responsible for support its product development programs.