(Senior) Scientist, Computational Biology
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Scientist of Computational Biology for a global biotechnology company located in Cambridge, MA. As the Senior Scientist of Computational Biology, you will develop novel methods, analysis strategies, and tools to filter and distill multi-dimensional datasets to focused hypotheses to drive clinical and discovery research.
- Establish best-practices for the generation and bioinformatic analysis of diverse NGS and non-NGS datasets, including single-cell omics, WES, RNA, cell-free DNA and targeted sequencing, as well as flow-cytometry and mass spectrometry data.
- Conduct correlative analysis of patient outcomes, phenotypes, and immune readouts with diverse high dimensional data types to identify biomarkers and mechanistic hypotheses about response and resistance to novel immunotherapies.
- Enhance computational analysis of bulk and single-cell T cell repertoires to assay immunogenicity, characterize immunological responses and as a biomarker.
- Enhance molecular characterization of tumors for both clinical and research setting by designing and evaluating novel integrative approaches to the analysis of NGS cancer exome and transcriptome data.
- Develop innovative, robust, analysis pipelines that can be applied in research and clinical settings.
- Liaise with lab scientists and software engineers as a project team member and provide expertise as a scientific resource for key company programs.
- Identify, develop, manage, and contribute to external collaborations and partnerships.
- Provide guidance on experimental design and data interpretation by liaising with lab scientists.
- Serve a project team member and a scientific resource for key company programs.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, systems biology or a related discipline with a strong record of publications/patents is required.
- Experience developing and optimizing NGS-based software for cancer and/or immunology research (e.g., variant calling, gene expression, epigenetic analyses, single-cell sequencing approaches).
- Fluency in SAM/BAM file format specifications and other standard bioinformatic formats.
- Experience integrating diverse NGS and non-NGS data sets to identify cancer drivers, predictive biomarkers, or mechanistic hypotheses.
- Experience with mining public data sets, such as TCGA, GTEx, and CCLE.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and test hypotheses by designing and implementing novel computational approaches.
- Capacity to prioritize and work independently to complete tasks and advance projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external collaborators and multidisciplinary teams composed of scientists and non-scientists to translate emerging research to guide internal programs.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Max Robinson at (+1) 617-903-7746 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.