Senior Scientist/ Associate Director, Neuroscience
Proclinical is seeking a Senior Scientist / Associate Director of Neuroscience for our client located in Boston, MA. We are a seeking a Senior Scientist/ Associate Director, Neuroscience with a background in cell and molecular biology to lead and guide research efforts in the development of novel gene therapies.
- As part of a collaborative team, drive and support all aspects of drug development- from lead identification through drug product validation.
- Conduct R&D projects on various cell types and will work with external partners in academia and industry to pilot independent projects that validate these new approaches.
- Establish molecular and cell-based (ie: in vitro iPSCs or primary neuronal cultures) models for neurodevelopmental disorders to allow for identification, validation, and optimization of therapeutic modalities
- Help define novel therapeutic approaches and to streamline development activities
- Able to extend in vitro findings to relevant in vivo models
- Oversee and manage preclinical research activities at internal labs
- Coordinate and manage external contract research organizations (CRO) work as needed
- Ensure appropriate project management and oversight with multiple studies and therapeutic programs
- Serve as a key resource, providing scientific knowledge and expertise to cross-functional project teams (CMC, regulatory, program management, BD, etc.)
- Supervise non-clinical report generation for ongoing studies and results
- Build strong collaborative relationships with research and development teams to meet project, departmental, and company goals
- Where appropriate, publish findings and attend scientific meetings
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in Neuroscience, Pharmacology, or related health science field
- 5-7+ years industry experience
- Expertise in cell and molecular technology
- Independent research with little to no supervision
- Experience in drug development and discovery
- Initiate lab operations with experience having direct reports
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and report results to all levels within the organization
- Strong commitment to quality and accountability
- Data-driven decision-making and experimental planning
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Able to foster strong working relationships with both internal and external partners
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sophia Amark at (+1) 646-367-2764 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.