Senior Project Manager
A pharmaceutical research, development, and production facility is currently recruiting a Senior Project Manager position, based in the company's office in Switzerland. The organisation is recognised for its work in injectable, sustained-release technology, along with its work in nanoparticular drug delivery systems. This is an exciting opportunity to provide experience to and work with a leading pharmaceutical company that boasts the manufacture of multiple internationally recognised products.
The Senior Project Manager will drive the cross-functional drug development project planning and execution for the assigned oncology compound(s) through all clinical development phases in line with the defined strategy, budget, and timelines. They will also plan, manage, and continuously optimise project resources, timelines, and budgets to ensure the timely delivery of attractive and differentiated products in line with the Integrated Project Plan (including the Target Product Profile (TPP), Development Plan) and Out-licensing goals. Finally, they will coordinate and drive the Core Team (CT).
- Managing the development and execution of high quality, time- and cost-efficient cross-functional project plans, applying project management best practices.
- Overseeing resource planning and budgeting for the assigned project whilst working closely with all project team members.
- Overseeing project performance, risk management, budget management and issues resolution.
- Exploring innovative approaches to accelerate speed to market, increase value of program and minimize risk (e.g., risk management plan), and path-forward recommendations.
- Raising alerts in advance and proactively identifying and managing scope, timelines, and cost variances.
- Ensuring all internal departments and external vendors are aligned, understand the plan, and have clear line of sight to deliver against key milestones.
- Tracking and reporting on spending and resources; identifying and communicating resource constraints to senior management.
- Developing team deliverables for project and setting-up appropriate metrics to monitor (incl. tracking and reporting on critical milestones, decision logging / consistent documentation).
- Establishing and maintaining project risk management plans, including mitigations and contingency plans, and developing of mitigation strategies to remove obstacles and leverage acceleration opportunities.
- Managing Core Team (CT) activities delivered towards milestones.
- Actively coordinating and preparing stage gate review and governance board(s) presentations with the CT and presenting operational and financial topics at the stage gate review and to governance board(s).
- Organising CT agenda, meetings, minutes, and communication.
- Proactively supporting CT and extended-team by translating processes, knowledge, and expertise into solutions.
- Ensuring team conflicts are resolved in a professional and timely manner.
- Serving as an interface with other functions related to executional topics.
- Implementing improvements to project management processes, tools, and infrastructure to ensure ongoing efficiency across the R&D organisation and company.
- Establishing and maintaining the project key documents together with the CT.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD, MD or Master Degree in Science.
- Project Management Certification strongly preferred.
- At least 7 years of experience in the Pharma industry in project management of cross-functional drug development teams focused on early phase development.
- Oncology drug development exposure preferred.
- Outstanding scientific and analytical skills combined with superior problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrable project management skills.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Chidozie Orji at +44 207 440 0671 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
A leading pharmaceutical company is seeking to recruit a Clinical Database Designer to their team in Shanghai.
Watchung, New Jersey
ProClinical is currently recruiting for a Clinical Research Scientist - Respiratory position on behalf of a top 10 global pharmaceutical company.
Redwood City, California
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Contracts Coordinator position with a leading pharmaceutical research company.
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Clinical Data Management Consultant with a leading biotechnology company.
Highly Competitive Salary
ProClinical, in support of our client, are seeking an individual to fill the role of Clinical Scientist, based in Boston, MA.
ProClinical is partnering with an internationally known pharmaceutical company to advertise a vacancy for a Clinical Data Scientist - Analyst position
City of London, London
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Clinical Support Specialist - Respiratory position