Senior Pharmacovigilance Scientist
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Pharmacovigilance Scientist for a global pharmaceutical company located in Cambridge, MA.
- Provide pharmacovigilance functional area expertise and support to project teams for assigned developmental and/or marketed products. As appropriate and exceptionally, may be the lead safety support for a compound as the Global Safety Lead (GSL).
- Responsible for operational pharmacovigilance activities for assigned developmental and/or marketed products.
- Represent pharmacovigilance, both regionally and globally as an authoritative and knowledgeable member of Global Clinical Development Teams (GCDTs) and similar, commensurate with position's seniority/experience and particularly when the designated GSL.
- Closely involved in signal detection/safety monitoring activities for pharmacovigilance operations with a lead responsibility if the designated GSL.
- Provide functional & therapeutic area expertise, supporting less experienced colleagues and the safety effort more generally.
- Flexible outside of primary therapeutic area as directed by business and departmental need.
- Liaise with other relevant functional areas both within and outside of global PV to best ensure the most efficient and timely attainment of compliant and patient focused safety data.
- Represent pharmacovigilance department in cross-functional teams or committees and external environments at a global and regional level as required, with the advanced communication skills this requires.
- Provide support and oversight of pharmacovigilance operational activities for designated compounds, with lead responsibilities when acting as the GSL.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree or specific pharmacovigilance qualification preferred (MD, PhD, and PharmD).
- 10-20 years of experience in healthcare, clinical or pharmacovigilance related environment.
- Excellent databases and coding skills including ability to perform advanced searches.
- In depth knowledge of clinical trial methodology, pharmacovigilance regulations, safety profile and risk/benefit analysis.
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Ability to review, analyze, interpret and present complex data to a high standard.
- Global player in a global PV organization.
- Excellent communication and presentational skills.
- Good level of computer literacy.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to prioritize.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Nadine Rucci at (+1) 215-531-5288 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.