Senior Medical Director (Clinical Development) - Rheumatology
Proclinical is partnership with a data science company in search for a Senior Medical Strategy Director, with a specialty in Rheumatology. This organisation focused on helping health clients find solutions for patients. In this role you will direct and manage developing strategies for these solutions.
- Actively provide guidance to the Strategy Leads to ensure tailor-made strategies to project or programs that differentiate IQVIA from the competition resulting in compelling, feasible proposals and continuously drive business growth.
- Work with the Strategy Leads to make sure project/program budget(s) meet financial and company goals, including Gross New Business.
- Implement the recommended policies and practices to shape the direction the group.
- Ensure individual project/program strategies align with IQVIA's strategic priorities.
- Drive the team to leverage and consolidate all available data to build the project strategy. Balance use of external research and data with IQVIA's internal data sources.
- Collaborate with cross-functional management to remove barriers and seek efficiencies in the development and adherence to strategies.
- Manage and mitigate risks linked to resourcing and project and/or individual needs proactively with other management and leadership team members in order to manage study issues and obstacles.
- Work with individual staff to identify any quality issues within the study and provide coaching on resolution of issues, including implementation of corrective and preventative action plans and escalation.
- Actively provide guidance/coaching to achieve global alignment of work practices across the team through the adoption and use of all process and technology tools and improvements by employees.
- Participate in and champion function and/or corporate initiatives, changes and/or special project assignments; act as a client liaison, departmental cross-functional liaison and/or change agent; provide technical expertise and clinical project management experience to project management and training and process improvement efforts.
- Scan the therapeutic and operational landscape and take account of wider impacts to develop long term implementation strategies that maximize opportunities to add value.
- May serve as a Strategy Lead on assigned proposals/projects.
- Maintain a solid understanding of the competitive environment and continuously drive for cost competitive pricing.
- Maintain current product and therapeutic knowledge. Provide consultation to clients on drug development process, strategy, and plans as needed.
- Maintain an understanding of current and future market trends that may impact current and/or future innovative operational delivery strategies.
- Manage staff in accordance with organization's policies and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources matters.
- Define appropriate goals & objectives for individuals and team. Identify skill and competency gaps at the individual level and work to craft and support appropriate development plans. Obtain regular feedback on employees from key stakeholders to facilitate ongoing performance management and development. May attend meetings to provide direct observational feedback
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences or related field and 15 years relevant clinical research experience with multi-regional and global focus including 9 years leadership experience (experience managing people desired); or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Board Certification/Specialisation in Rhuematology
- Deep and current knowledge of the scientific, clinical, regulatory, operational and competitive landscape
- Strong global knowledge and awareness/understanding of global drug development and delivery environment
- In-depth knowledge of, and skill in applying, applicable clinical research regulatory requirements; e.g. Good Clinical
- Practice (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines
- Proven ability to manage a team and work through others in a global environment to deliver results to the appropriate quality and timeline metrics. Provides others with a clear direction; delegates work appropriately and fairly; motivates and empowers others; monitors/manages performance and provides feedback and coaching; recruits, develops and retains staff of a high caliber
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including good command of English language
- Strong business acumen
- Strong customer management skills and demonstrated ability to understand customer needs, have difficult conversations with internal/external stakeholders and customers, negotiate solutions and understand impacts on the overall program/portfolio
- Ability to work strategically to realize organizational and project goals, identifying and developing positive and compelling visions for the successful delivery of projects and taking account of a wide range of issues across, and related to, the projects and the organization
- Effective mentoring and training skills, fostering learning and knowledge sharing with colleagues
- Strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated learning agility and openness to learning and keeping own knowledge and skill set current and evolving
- Strong software and computer skills, including MS Office applications
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.