Scientist, USP Development
A global healthcare company is advertising a vacancy for a Scientist, USP Development position. The organisation specialises in lifesaving medicines and technologies for infusion, transfusion, and clinical nutrition. The company's products and services have been used to help care for critically and chronically ill patients. Based in Switzerland, this is an exciting opportunity to bring expertise and skills to an established and in-demand company.
- Help set up and run an upstream process (USP) development laboratory including vendor selection, equipment purchases, and installation.
- Plan and execute USP process development and characterization studies.
- Author, review, and edit internal SOP's, protocols/reports, documents, and manuscripts.
- Use the most appropriate experimental design (including DoE) and problem-solving methods to achieve bio-similarity within the pre-defined analytical ranges.
- Represent Upstream Process Development at cross functional meetings.
- Support USP tech transfer activities for handover and scale up of projects to external GMP manufacturing sites.
- Coach, mentor, and provide technical guidance to associate scientists and technicians.
- Build strong relationships and a collaborative network with cross functional teams
Skills and Requirements:
- Advanced scientific degree: MSc in biotech process sciences or similar field.
- Fluency in English essential, French and/or German would be an asset.
- 3-5 years' experience in Pharma/Biotech/Biosimilars Industry with demonstrated track record in Upstream processing for biologics (specifically mammalian cell culture).
- Strong technical and scientific expertise across the Upstream development spectrum, including process development, scale up, tech transfer, and process characterization.
- Strong experience with high throughput USP laboratory equipment, use of DoE and Six Sigma techniques would be desirable.
- Experience in evaluation and implementation of new technologies are desirable but not essential.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Josh Volpe at +44 203 800 1292 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
£0.00 - £37000.00 per annum
A clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company is seeking to recruit a Production Scientist to their office in the UK.
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Technical Operations position with a leading pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, and medical device capability company.
A leading pharmaceutical company that accelerates the launch and listing of drugs across China is seeking for a Formulation Engineer to join their office in Shanghai.
A top 10 global pharmaceutical company is currently recruiting a Laboratory Analyst/Assistant - Level 1.
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an Associate Sample Coordinator EMEA/APAC position with an international contract research organisation.
An international pharmaceutical company is seeking to recruit a Document Control Assistant to their office in Philadelphia.
ProClinical is currently recruiting for a Bench Scientist I - Immunology position on behalf of a top 10 global pharmaceutical company.
A vacancy has arisen for a Human Resources Assistant with an internationally renowned pharmaceutical company, based in their California office.
A leading pharmaceutical recruitment company known for their work in biotherapeutics is advertising a vacancy for an Upstream Development Scientist.
A leading pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, and medical device capability company is currently recruiting a Lab Tech I, Flow Academy.
ProClinical are collaborating with a Oxford-based biotechnology company that focuses on large molecule biologics.