Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Scientist for a global dynamic drug discovery team located in New York, NY. As the Scientist, you will develop cutting-edge CAR-T therapeutics for the treatment of hematologic malignancies and solid tumors.
- Lead in the planning, design and execution of experiments
- Interpret, troubleshoot and report complex data to managers in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple experiments / projects simultaneously
- Ability to contribute to various projects outside of his/her own and collaborate with stakeholders
- Maintain accurate laboratory notebooks and prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, etc., and maintain familiarity with relevant scientific literature
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in biological sciences, immunology, cancer biology or related field with 0-2 years of industry (or postdoctoral) experience or a minimum of 8 years of experience performing progressively advanced duties beyond a B.Sc. degree.
- Experience in the cancer or immunology fields
- Ability to independently design, plan and execute in vitro experiments
- Ability to perform aseptic mammalian tissue culture of cell lines and primary human cells (ie. whole blood, PBMCs, and T cells; BSL2 labs)
- Experience with T cell engineering (transduction and electroporation) and downstream functional assays
- Processing and dissociating mouse blood and tumors from in vivo studies for analysis by flow cytometry
- Perform molecular biology techniques such as: cloning, transfections, transductions, western blotting, immunoprecipitation, siRNA/shRNA, qRT-PCR, flow cytometry and ELISA (ie. MSD)
- Perform immune functional assays using CAR-T, cytokine release assays, T cell biology, immune cell purification and characterization, tumor dissociation
- Designing and running multi-color flow cytometry, analysis and interpretation
- Data analysis using common software programs (ie. Excel, GraphPad Prism, and FlowJo)
- Keep up-to-date with the literature related to her/his field. Act as an expert resource in her/his scientific and in related disciplines.
- Candidate must work well in a team setting
- Previous work with antibody therapies, bispecific antibodies, and cellular therapies (ie. CAR-T)
- Functional assays to test drug candidates (ie. binding, cytotoxicity, proliferation, apoptosis)
- Experience working on various immune assays are nice to have
- Prior experience with isolation, phenotypical and functional characterization of human tumor-infiltrating leukocytes is advantageous
- Some experience working with in vivo models is a plus (direct handling not required)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to effectively present scientific data and concepts to international standards
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people, internally and externally
- Ability to prioritize, manage time efficiently, and implement creative solutions to meet program needs
- Inclination towards creativity and innovation is welcome
- Intellectually curious and well-informed on the latest scientific advances in the field
- Demonstrates creativity and novel approaches to solving scientific problems
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail-oriented, with excellent record-keeping skills
- Able to effectively present scientific data and concepts to international standards
- Innate ability to find solutions, show initiative
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sofia Amark at (+1) 646-367-2764 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.