Scientific Leader, Modeling
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Scientific Leader of Modelling for a multinational pharmaceutical company located in Upper Providence, Pennsylvania. Successful candidate will develop and drive the preclinical PK/PD strategy for projects with the aim to deliver a robust prediction of the human efficacious dose.
- Interface with the therapeutic areas, acting as point of contact between DMPK, and other discovery (chemistry, biology, safety), and development colleagues to design and analyse the appropriate preclinical studies.
- Responsible for project deliverables, including prediction of human PK, preclinical and translational PK/PD work in projects from target validation to candidate selection and human dose in conjunction with DMPK modeling director, clinical pharmacologists, translational scientists and the DMPK Project Representative.
- Establish and implement PK/PD strategies to facilitate continuous improvement of human dose prediction.
- Interface with biology and clinical teams to implement biomarker strategy.
- Evaluate and interpret PK/PD data to prepare for internal governance bodies.
- Work with DMPK modeling scientists, DMPK Project Representatives, functional lines and other enterprise business partners to assure timely project issue resolution
- Drive the rapid development of applied modeling innovation in partnership with external and internal groups.
- Present work at cross-functional teams, departmental meetings.
- Provide expert DMPK modeling consultancy, training and support to scientists within the DMPK organization and across the larger R&D.
- Active engagement with external modeling community and maintain awareness of new/emerging techniques relevant to the field.
- Manage student and post doc programmes.
- Act as mentor to junior staff within the DMPK modelling team.
Skills and Requirements:
- MD or PhD in relevant scientific discipline (e.g. Pharmacology, pharmaceutical sciences), required.
- 7+ years' experience in DMPK and PK/PD within a drug discovery environment.
- A successful track record of applying translational PK/PD modelling within the drug discovery and development environment.
- Experience in providing PK/PD input into early preclinical in vivo studies.
- Understanding of the principles of ADME and pharmacokinetics, (non-compartmental, compartmental, PBPK) and the use of pre-clinical data for human efficacious dose prediction.
- Experience in PK data interpretation of a range of clinical studies.
- Experience in DMPK project co-ordination.
- Experience of interacting with regulatory agencies in the area of modelling and simulation.
- The ability to work independently, excellent interpersonal, organizational, oral/written communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to deliver results within tight timelines when required.
- Active contributions to external consortia; presenting at conferences and contribution to scientific publications.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Hunter Tonn at (+1) 646-851-0086 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.