Scientific Director, Virology and Hepatitis B Virus - Biology
Proclinical is urgently recruiting for a Scientific Director of Virology and Hepatitis B for a global pharmaceutical company located in Philadelphia, PA. As the Senior Director, you will assume immediate responsibility for an existing and growing biology team in and work in a multidisciplinary, collaborative and scientifically driven environment, interacting with scientists across the Research Unit and the broader R&D organization.
- Lead and manage a team working on target identification and validation efforts in the virology and HBV biology space
- Actively contribute to the strategic direction and goals of the group
- Participate in the evaluation of novel targets emerging from potential collaborations
- Build and foster relationships across groups in the research unit, contributing to projects and peer review when required.
- Build a network of academic key opinion leaders in the HBV and infectious disease space
- Responsible for ensuring quality, consistency and best practice within reporting line
- Accountable for scientific development and mentoring of scientists within reporting line
- Fostering a culture of scientific rigor and continuous improvement in line with the Innovation Performance and Trust (IPT) strategy
- Ensure compliance with values and policies.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in Infectious Disease, with a preference toward virology or related discipline
- Experience managing a team of 3 to 5 full-time scientists, including PhD level scientists, supporting multiple projects and fostering a culture of innovation, teamwork, performance and trust.
- Subject matter expert in HBV and an understanding of how HBV escapes the host immune response.
- Experience in identifying and advancing preclinical targets, performing peer review and engaging internal and external partners.
- Experience applying innovative approaches in drug discovery using novel techniques for smart risk taking.
- Demonstrated understanding of the drug discovery process, including the ability to outline a progression path with clear decision-making criteria.
- Ability to foster a culture of innovation, teamwork, performance, and trust.
- Strong self-motivation; capable of multi-tasking but with attention to detail, working on multiple projects in different phases of research, and delivering on objectives on time/on budget.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Natasha Patel at (+1) 617-778-7319 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.