Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Antibody Pharmacology Research Scientist with a pharmaceutical company located in Wilmington, DE. The candidate will be responsible for performing in vitro and in vivo studies for cancer immunotherapy drug discovery programs. This includes the development of relevant model systems for the identification and validation of novel therapeutic targets. The successful candidate is able to work independently and demonstrates a broad understanding of immunology and cancer biology, being able to use this knowledge to design and execute a research plan that answers critical questions about compounds and targets under evaluation.
- Design, execute, and interpret cell-based in vitro experiments to explore the therapeutic potential of antibodies
- Develop new assays to screen functional activity of antibodies
- Culture of cell lines and isolation and culture of human PBMCs
- Design appropriate in vivo models to answer key biological and pharmacological questions
- Establish and conduct in vivo pharmacodynamics studies
- Evaluate data, prepare reports and presentations for internal and external meetings
- Work collaboratively across multiple functional groups within drug discovery and clinical development to achieve key goals
Skills and Requirements:
- Ph.D. in Immunology, Cancer Biology, Pharmacology or related field
- Preferred post-doctoral experience in a relevant field
- Strong background in immunology, antibody-related functions, and oncogenic signaling pathways
- Minimum of 2 years of pharmaceutical or biotech experience
- Mouse work experience including in vivo models of cancer
- Expertise in the following techniques is mandatory: magnetic cell isolation, cell culture, tumor implantation, isolation, and dissection (mouse models), immune cell phenotyping, multicolor flow cytometry (BD cytometers), ELISA, MSD, Western blot for phospho-proteins, MLR, ADCC, basic molecular biology including isolation of nucleic acid and real-time PCR
- Excellent communication skills
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Jarred Fetterman at 215-531-5593.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.