Proclinical is currently recruiting for a research scientist with an in vivo focus for a CRO located in Boston, MA. Successful candidate will establish and characterize conventional and innovative immuno-oncology and oncology animal models.
- This hands-on position requires strong scientific training and laboratory skills in the immunology, immuno-oncology, and oncology.
- Establish, characterize, and interpret immuno-oncology and oncology mouse models that include syngeneic, xenograft, genetically engineered mouse models, and human immune cell- and hematopoietic progenitor cell-engrafted murine models for pharmacological and pharmacodynamics studies.
- Work independently to perform and troubleshoot in vivo studies, and responsible for data collection, analysis, interpretation, and reporting.
- Work collaboratively with scientists throughout the company to introduce and apply the most effective and efficient technologies and techniques to quickly expand our model portfolio. Literature research, academic collaborations, and innovative thinking are additional key components of such effort.
- Collaborate and support ex vivo and in vitro investigations of such animal models using cellular and biochemical methodologies.
- Effectively communicate and present study results both at internal team and departmental meetings and to external scientific communities.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD graduate with 0-3 years' academic or industry experience in immunology, immuno-oncology or oncology.
- Extensive relevant research experience using animal models as evidenced in publications is required. Experience with immuno-oncology models such as PBMC and CD34+ hematopoietic cell-engrafted immunodeficient mice is highly desirable. Experience with xenograft and/or PDX oncology models is very desirable.
- Expertise in handling small animals, drug administration, blood and tissue collections.
- Prior experience and knowledge in pharmacology and PK/PD is highly desirable.
- Expertise with primary immune or cancer cell preparation from blood or tissues is strongly preferred.
- Expertise in flow cytometry analysis, tissue culture, cellular and biochemical assays using primary and cultured cells, technologies in protein and RNA expression analysis is desired.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details. Maintain research data and records with highest integrity.
- Collaborative team player. Be flexible and prioritize tasks based on team and company goals. Ability to multitask in fast-paced environment.
- Communicate effectively at all levels, within teams and with internal and external collaborators.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Brandy Plumb at (+1) 646-367-2745 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.