Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Research Associate with a pharmaceutical company located in Philadelphia, PA. Monitors progress of projects and coordinates information between departmental sections. Performs a wide and complex variety of assays, test, and studies. Performs highly specialized and advanced experiments. Collects, prepares, analyzes, and evaluates specimens and/or tissue cultures.
- Conducts Analytical assays and lab procedures
- Performs assays using appropriate laboratory techniques
- Accurately completes Test Methods and other required documentation
- Follows all general and laboratory SOPs
- Performs activities with supervision. Maintains a laboratory notebook for R&D activities as required
- Reports observations of ongoing tests to Technicial Reviewer, Supervisor and/or Department Manager
- Communicates with supervisor and colleagues
- Prepares reagents and completes reagents batch records
- Checks reagents for expired chemicals and disposes
- Performs laboratory maintenance (i.e. decontaminates and disposes of medical and other waste as appropriate, maintains laboratory supply inventories, keeps work surfaces clean and neat) and keeps records of maintenance according to guidelines and SOPs
- Performance routine equipment monitoring and cleaning (i.e. centrifuges, biosafety and chemical hoods, refrigerators, incubators and freezers) and keeps records according to guidelines and SOPs
- Orders reagents and consumables as required and uses commodity specification procedure as assigned
- Completed all requisite training (i.e. Bloodborne pathogen, quality assurance, safety, etc.)
- Contributes to the preparation of investigation and deviations as needed and with supervision
Skills and Requirements:
- 0-3 years of relavant experience or equivalent
- Bachelor's or Master's degree with major in Biological Sciences or other science-related major
- Technical and Scientific knowledge of biological assays (i.e. ELISA, electrophoresis, PCR, Cell Culturing)
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Dominic Santoro at 215-531-5280.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.