Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Research Associate with a biopharmaceutical company located in North Chicago, IL.
- Focuses on assay development, optimization, and execution of in vitro biochemical and cell-based screens in collaboration with multiple therapeutic areas.
- Responsible for executing robust in vitro screens (biochemical and cell-based) and delivering high quality data utilizing common HTS tools as well as novel approaches.
- Work closely with HTS and project team members to implement in vitro screening strategies as part of the overall project plan
- Skills should complement the group's emphasis on complex disease relevant cellular and phenotypic assay formats
- Partner closely with project team leads to develop relevant cellular models and assay readouts.
- Play an active role in communicating and collaborating with scientists to advance projects through day-to-day interactions, presentation of data, and interpretation of results.
- Capable of working independently while contributing and participating in a team environment and must have excellent oral and written communication skills
Skills and Requirements:
- Master's degree or bachelor's degree in biology, biochemistry, pharmacology, enzymology or related field with 2+ years of prior experience in a drug discovery laboratory setting working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong scientific foundation in the understanding and implementation of a wide range of biochemical and cell-based assays and readouts
- Able to think critically and creatively across multiple disciplines and have demonstrated the ability to solve research problems with experience in standard in vitro assays (e.g. HTRF, FP, ELISA, FLIPR, etc.), including assay development, optimization, and troubleshooting
- Adaptability and the ability to rapidly learn new techniques
- Able to analyze and report data concisely and rigorously
- Ability to multi-task and successfully interact with a diverse team of scientists to deliver results meeting the needs of various stakeholder groups
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Samantha Reader at 267-536-3075.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.