Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Research Associate with a pharmaceutical company located in Foster City, CA.
- Support discovery and development of therapeutic agents to treat non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and other fibrotic diseases.
- Participate in discovery and translational research aimed at identifying and characterizing novel therapeutic targets, investigating the mechanism of action of therapeutics, and defining optimal drug combinations.
- Work independently as part of a team for cell culture maintenance of challenging cell lines and to perform highly technical cell-based assays to evaluate target biology.
- Perform cell-based assays on cell lines and primary human cell cultures to support validation of novel therapeutics.
- Proactively troubleshoot technical issues and recommend potential corrective actions based on personal observations and literature searches.
- Work both independently and collaboratively to advance projects, perform studies with minimal supervision.
Skills and Requirements:
- 5-7 years of experience with BS degree in a related scientific discipline.
- 3-6 years of experience with MS degree in a related scientific discipline.
- Extensive cell culture experience including human primary cell cultures (hepatocytes, stellate cells, fibroblasts, macrophages), and have operational understanding of modern cell biology and pharmacology techniques including methods to evaluate cell signaling (western blot, immunoprecipitation), immunoassays (eg. ELISA, MSD, or Luminex), gene expression analysis, tissue analysis (homogenization, cell isolation).
- Proficiency with basic data analysis programs (Excel, GraphPad Prism, etc.) and application of statistics.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), and strong organizational and planning skills.
- Able to manage more than one project at any given time, and work in a fast-paced, cross-functional and highly collaborative team environment.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sarah Beshara at 267-477-3355.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.