Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Radiochemist with a biopharmaceutical company located in North Chicago, IL.
- Support evaluation of new and existing PET radioligands using in vitro radiopharmacology techniques e.g. radioligand binding assays, tissue autoradiography, and immunoreactive fraction (IRF) testing.
- Provide in vitro experimental support for ongoing preclinical PET imaging studies when required for proper interpretation of in vivo imaging.
- Prepare assay materials for in vitro radioligand testing including tissue homogenates, slide-mounted cryostat tissue sections, and reagents in plate-based formats.
- Develop/characterize in vitro radiopharmacology assays tailored to specific molecular imaging targets.
- Conduct and interpret literature searches to aid in the understanding of target biology as it relates to design and conduct of radiopharmacology assays.
- Explore novel methods for probing and understanding PET radioligand/target colocalization in translational systems through the use of IHC/immunofluorescence and microscopy.
- On occasion support preclinical PET imaging studies by analyzing blood or tissue samples.
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory environment through diligent handling and use-tracking of radioactive materials.
- Record and analyze experimental data with full accountability and transparency to enable reliable decision making.
- Communicate key results to team members and project stakeholders.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS in pharmacology, biochemistry, cell/molecular biology or a related field with typically 5 years of experience, or Master's Degree or equivalent education with typically 2 years of experience
- Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in in vitro pharmacology and theoretical knowledge of receptor/ligand binding strongly preferred.
- Experience working with radioactivity preferred; willingness and ability to work with radioactivity required.
- Experience with immunofluorescence microscopy a plus.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Zachary Hines at 215-531-6914.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.