QC Specialist - Microbiology & Environmental Monitoring
We are seeking a bright, enthusiastic and motivated QC Specialist, ideally with experience in Microbiology & Environmental Monitoring. The role is based in Stevenage and is a great opportunity to play an active role ensuring that the manufacturing centre meets the standards and expectations of its key stakeholders; regulatory authorities; and potential collaborators.
- Support the tactical execution of laboratory analysis and result reporting to assure the QC service provision associated with viable environmental monitoring, microbiological, raw material, excipient, in-process and final product sample testing is maintained in line with the requirements of each collaborator.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert for the Microbiology and Environmental Monitoring provision.
- Assist in the review and reporting of process trending charts for QC activities.
- Maintaining a comprehensive facility environmental monitoring program.
- Leadership and line management supporting a growing group of technicians.
- Emphasising and maintaining within the team a strong GMP knowledge base and work ethic.
- Technical training and coaching of the Quality Control group.
- Supporting the Quality Control Lead with project delivery and project management.
- Support to ensure the Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult team and associated service providers
- Support to ensure the traceability of all reagents, materials, equipment, standards etc. is maintained for all GMP sampling and testing activity.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Microbiology, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, or related discipline.
- Experience working in microbiology or in an aseptic (bio)pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Experience of writing and reviewing GMP documents.
- Highly motivated, pragmatic and practical to support the mission of the Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult to assist in the acceleration of the development of a commercial cell based therapy industry in the UK.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Josh Godden on +44 203 854 0101 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com/send-cv