A leading pharmaceutical client is searching for a Principal Researcher to join their team in the Uk. The company specialises in various therapy areas including oncology, neurology and gastroenterology, and employs several thousand across the globe.
Laboratory-based position under Senior Scientist supervision within the in vitro biology function of the drug discovery unit. Position is for candidates with significant previous relevant experience within this technical environment.
- The role contributes at an in vitro technical level to design experiments, produce data, interpret data and contribute to current and future company collaboration projects.
- Current focus is on collaboration with University College London (UCL), where projects aim to develop novel therapeutics for neurodegenerative diseases. Skills should include knowledge and practise of some, if not all, biochemistry, molecular and cell biology technologies.
- Specific techniques may include cell culture (cell lines and more advanced systems), working with antibodies (immunostaining, immunoblotting etc.) enzyme assays and screening, working with recombinant proteins, molecular biology techniques (generating/handling constructs, transfections etc.) and may also involve various types of laboratory instrumentation (plate readers, liquid handling, imaging etc.).
- Working with routine systems at high quality (e.g. weekly assays) and ability to develop and validate new assays and analytical approaches is essential.
Skills and Requirements:
- Incumbent should have a degree (BSc or MSc) or PhD in a biological science with advanced laboratory skills in biochemistry, cell biology, molecular biology, pharmacology, neuroscience or a related discipline.
- Experience in or knowledge of the pharmaceutical drug discovery process is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of assay development (enzyme assays, receptor assays, cell-based phenotypic assays) for screening assays using small compound libraries.
- Ability to work in new areas (reagent development, assay development, cell-system set-up and validation) is essential as much as running routine assays and so on with high quality.
- Able to work independently albeit with discussion of strategy and data with supervisor, and provide oversight of aspects of their technical discipline
- Ability to design, schedule, execute and interpret experiments using complex biological systems e.g. native tissue, cell culture, western blotting assays, screening technologies.
- Takes on training responsibilities for students and staff.
- Ability to communicate and discuss results with supervisor and broader project teams.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Badria Kahie on +44 203 8718 094 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.