Principal Scientist/Associate Director, Pharmacology
At ProClinical, we are seeking an individual to fill the role of Principal Scientist/Associate Director, Pharmacology, based in Cambridge, MA. The successful individual will join a team working to advance genomically targeted therapies into clinical development by drawing upon a strong record of in vivo pharmacology, in support of a robust pipeline of oncology and immunotherapy approaches.
- Provide strategic and scientific leadership as part of cross-functional research teams.
- Design and interpret in vivo efficacy and PK/PD studies, explore novel therapeutic hypotheses, and investigate mechanism of action for candidate small molecules.
- Direct work with external academic/industry collaborators and with contract research organizations.
- Oversee a subset of animal care facility activities.
- Present clearly and succinctly in a variety of internal and external settings.
Skills And Qualifications
- PhD in related field and 7+ years of experience in small molecule drug discovery and development.
- Deep understanding of in vivo pharmacology and track record of driving research stage programs into the clinic.
- Experience with animal models of cancer, immune response and/or anti-tumor immunity, including transplantable tumor and genetically-engineered models.
- Strong scientific writing skills. Experience in preparing regulatory submissions (e.g. IND).
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills including the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- A strong record in mentoring and career development of others.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Yannick Dada at (+1) 6467418433 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.