A new job opportunity has arisen for a Principal Biostatistician position for a leading multinational contract research organisation that provides consultation in the biopharmaceutical and medical device sector. ProClinical is advertising this position for an enthusiastic and hard-working individual to join this exciting company's London-based office.
The Principal Biostatistician will focus on late-phase clinical studies, and lead research design and analytical strategies. They will also give input into protocols, develop and review statistical analysis plans, and author/co-author reports, abstracts and manuscripts whilst providing statistical advice.
As the functional lead within the study, the incumbent will lead the biostatistical and statistical programming activities on a study and be accountable for the deliverables from these functions. This role's responsibilities also include project management of deliverables, resource and function specific budget, and becoming involved in business development activities.
- Performing and supervising complex statistical analyses and creating/providing input into statistical reports.
- Cooperating with other biostatistical and company departments to optimise global efficiency.
- Acting as a proactive advisor for all types of analysis during the proposal process as well as during the project life cycle; defining strategies and evaluating the statistical resources needed to meet the defined goals.
- Coordinating Biostatistics-related project activities for successful completion within given timelines and budget.
- Interacting with clients regarding data analysis, scope of work, and budget.
- Reviewing derived datasets and all types of statistical analysis deliverables.
- Developing complex analysis strategies, and executing them using efficient programming techniques (software: SAS).
- Producing and providing expert input to analysis plans, statistical reports, statistical sections of integrated clinical reports, and other process supporting documents.
- Quality control of all kinds of statistical deliverables.
- Training/mentoring of junior members of the department.
- Representing the company at client meetings.
Skills and Requirements:
- A degree in Biostatistics/Statistics, or a relevant quantitative sciences degree. A masters or PhD in a statistical subject.
- A thorough understanding of statistical issues in both clinical trials (and other randomised experiments) and observational studies (eg, comparative cohort studies, case-control retrospective/prospective cohort).
- Demonstrable experience in statistical analysis in a clinically related subject, either within clinical trials or in Epidemiology, either academically or professionally - and/or Outcomes research.
- Experience with oncology and/or diabetes trials would be an advantage.
- Able to work independently and in a team.
- Confidence, self-reliance, and quick learning skills all desirable attributes.
- Advanced SAS programming skills.
- Good oral and written English communication skills.
- Ability to travel as required.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Theodora Savlovschi-Wicks on +44203 752 0314 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Highly Competitive Salary
ProClinical, in support of our client, are seeking an individual to fill the role of Biostatistics Associate Director, Biostatistics Project Lead, based in Cambridge, MA.
ProClinical is happy to advertise an opportunity for a Junior Statistician, Analyst position for one of the largest CROs in the global market
ProClinical is excited to announce that an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Statistical Analyst
Leuven, Flemish Brabant
ProClinical is excited to announce that an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Statistical Analyst to join a scientifically driven, global, full-service clinical contract research organisation
£0.00 - £50000.00 per annum
A new job opportunity has arisen for a Senior Statistician/Consultant position at a leading consultancy organisation
Here at ProClinical we are recruiting for a Statistician at one of the largest global pharmaceutical companies at their site in Surrey.
Up to €85 per hour
ProClinical is happy to advertise new Senior Biostatistician positions for one the largest CROs in the global market