A specialist healthcare company is looking for a talented Principal Statistician to join their dynamic team in London. The role of the Principal Statistician is to provide statistical support to the statistics and programming department across a range of projects, clients and therapeutic areas. The Principal Statistician may also perform a supervisory role (e.g. line management and/or project management).
- Serves as the lead statistician and provides statistical expertise to the planning and execution for clinical trials/projects in multi-functional team
- Oversees production of, contributes to or prepares statistical sections of the protocols, Statistical Analysis Plans and Clinical Study Reports. Generate and/or verify sample size calculations, randomisation and estimand derivation
- Analyse or QC data, and interpret results from clinical trials
- Running simulations and implementing adaptive designs
- Supervise the work of CROs
Skills and Requirements
- MSc as a minimum
- Drug development background with experience of design, analysis and reporting of clinical trials
- Proficient in using SAS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a cross-functional environment
- Knowledge of industry standards such as ICH
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.