MSL Rare Diseases - France
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Medical Science Liaison Rare Diseases position with a leading biopharmaceutical company that focuses on developing and commercialising medicines for patients with rare diseases. Based in France, the MSL Rare Diseases will have the exciting opportunity to bring expertise and skill to this innovative and dynamic company.
Working in a field-based position, the MSL Rare Diseases will support initiatives that facilitate early and accurate diagnosis across the company portfolio within the assigned country. They will support and represent the company with, and to, key opinion leaders (KOLs), clinicians, academic institutions, and professional organisations. The MSL will address the specific needs of these clients by responding to unsolicited requests for information about the company's marketed and developing products.
- Implementing strategic and innovative diagnosis initiatives to facilitate early and accurate diagnosis.
- Supporting screening projects in close collaboration with the regional leadership in all projects, including but not limited to LabConnect, Gene Panels, enterprise analytics and data banks.
- Evaluating diagnosis flow and potential gaps across PTC portfolio programs.
- Partnering with KOLs, clinicians, and diagnosticians to identify diagnostic gaps and opportunities for improvement in diagnostic workup.
- Identifying and qualifying enriched populations for testing.
- Leading efforts to pilot testing programs as appropriate.
- Identifying and maintaining relationships with local diagnostic laboratories, laboratory directors, and KOL diagnosticians.
- Attending national and regional medical meetings and symposia as a representative of the company and engaging in discussions with attendees as appropriate;
- Attends scientific sessions and poster presentations, gathering information, and summarising findings.
- Delivering, developing, and designing fair, balanced, and objective clinical and scientific presentations to healthcare professionals (HCPs, and patient organizations in response to unsolicited requests for information on the use of company products.
- Identifying and training speakers for advisory boards, symposia, and educational programs with approved materials, slides sets, abstracts, posters, etc.
- Identifying, organising, and carrying out regional medical initiatives e.g. advisory board as needed.
- Maintaining a thorough awareness of medical/clinical, regulatory, compliance, and quality issues and processes as they apply to the company's Therapeutic areas and adhering to the standards established by the company.
- Maintaining competitor information relevant to the company's therapeutic areas, goals/objectives, project activities and /product team priorities and stays current on therapeutic advances and competing therapies or products; analysing and applying relevant intelligence findings; communicating and presenting insightful data/impact in an efficient format to appropriate internal stake holders.
Skills and Requirements:
- An Advanced Degree, such as a Masters, PharmD, Ph.D. in a Life Sciences discipline or MD.
- A minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible, relevant experience in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or related environment which includes a minimum of 3 years of experience as an MSL or equivalent.
- Experience supporting high cost products that are distributed through a specialty pharmacy and require extensive coordination with patient access services.
- In-depth, hands-on experience working with KOLs, clinicians, HCPs, and/or academic institutions establishing/maintaining relationships and scientific/medical credibility.
- Demonstrated success in interpreting scientific data and presenting research information to scientists and HCPs.
- Excellent understanding of the pharmaceutical delivery process.
- Ability to influence without direct authority.
- Must be able to travel as required to/from client accounts within assigned territory.
- This position may involve overnight travel, the amount of which will vary based upon the assigned territory. In addition to travel within the territory, overnight and/or weekend travel outside of the assigned territory is required.
- Daily entry to hospitals and other medical facilities is required. Many facilities have instituted vendor credentialing policies which require vendors to meet defined training, background check and proof of immunization requirements as a condition of entry. PTC employees entering these facilities are required to abide by these credentialing requirements.
- Experience supporting an orphan, rare disease and/or specialized drug(s).
- Previous experience/ proven track record on diagnostics projects.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Tom Russell at +44 203 824 6104 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
£0.00 - £70.00 per hour
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Contract Medical Science Liaison position
€0.00 - €80000 per annum
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Medical Science Liaison position
€0.00 - €110000.00 per annum
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Medical Science Liaison Rare Diseases position
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Medical Science Liaison (MSL) position with a cancer-focused biopharmaceutical company.
ProClinical is partnering with a major biotechnology company to advertise a vacancy for a Regional Medical Liaison position in the UK.