Medical Research Liaison
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Medical Research Liaison for the DACH region. In this role you will be expected to identify opportunities to research, coordinate clinical studies and build productive collaborations.
- Develop and continuously maintain the highest scientific and medical expertise of all relevant diseases, products, development plans, and be acknowledged internally and externally as an expert
- Ensure timely and informative scientific/medical exchanges with external stakeholders that accurately reflect scientific data and research objectives
- Implement medical affairs practices to assess potential new indications, including the treating community, patient pathways, diagnostic practices and management
- Attend appropriate local, national and international meetings and congresses to gather intelligence and develop productive collaborations
- Ensure all external interactions are conducted in accordance with objectives, compliance policies and procedures as well as with legal and ethical standards
- Identify potential investigators and centres for participation in clinical research, support feasibility assessments and site initiation, and develop and maintain productive collaborations
- Conduct training with CRO, CRAs and study site staff as required
- Escalate any safety reports consistent with policy
- Provide insightful feedback to Internal and external stakeholders as appropriate
- The MRL is not responsible for advising sites about detailed study specific procedures or making decisions about clinical study operational issues and should refer these to the relevant colleagues.
Skills and Requirements
- Ability to quickly understand: complex disease areas, treatments and clinical development plans , and the healthcare landscape, hospitals, healthcare professionals, patient journey
- Able to thrive as part of a team and when working independently
- Proven track record of delivering results that meet or exceed targeted objectives
- Scientific, healthcare or medical degree (MS, PharmD, PhD, MD, RN, PA)
- 3+ years field-based experience in biopharmaceutical industry
- Experience in clinical R&D and/or medical affairs preferred
- Clinical experience in neurology, hematology, immunology, and/or rare diseases is an advantage
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.